Sunday, April 15, 2007

Where them apples go?

I'm cranky today. :(

I was all set to make the next Munchie Monday: Apple and Cheese pastries and discovered that I'm out of a apples! Considering I've been craving tons of meat lately and we have no meat at home, we ought to go grocery shopping. Meh. I ain't in the mood.

We owe $2000 to the IRA this year. That's more than our monthly mortgage! Last year we owed over a thousand. At the advice of our accountant, T and I went down to 0 allowances on our W-2 thinking that would ensure the right amount would be taken out each month. It turns out it's *still* not enough. In fact, we owe more than we did last year. How is that possible? You'd think the formulas would be somewhat accurate and be proportional to any raises, extra income, etc. The total withholdings over this past year came out to more than 10% of our combined income. :( Can anyone offer a helpful manner of estimating any additional withholdings we need to contribute each month (aside from just doing taxes)?

On a different note, my friend Shawn and I are going to cover Tim Young's song "Fire Exit." His is upbeat and tons of fun to listen to (reminiscent of the Beatles), but so far the palate I've come up with sounds like a fucking ethereal pseudo R&B song. Because I'm so cranky and down, I can't get out of that mood either. I'm hoping Shawn (whenever school lets up) can help a bit. Maybe a flamenco-esque version would be neat. That conveys fire. I do love the pre-loaded software on my Mac though but I can see how getting so much sound candy can be a hindrance to creativity. On that note though, the distorted flute and baby hammer dulcimer is pretty damn cool, so there is one small thing to pat my back on. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

2k? Thats not bad at all. I paid 5k!

Monday, April 16, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

yeah, but you're a contractor. IF you add up what T and I contributed throughout the year, we already paid around 10k. Stupid taxes....

Monday, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

i paid 3k througout the year then i paid 5k on top of that, so i paid 8k. its a kick in the balls. we are being punished for making money, while po' people with 7 kids get to party off of my money. yes thats right, i said it!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home