Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tim Young vs. The Trucks: "Titties"


(image of Tim Young from The Face of Today)

What makes you think we can fuck just because you put your tongue in my mouth and you twist it? My titties bay-bah.

Boy, if I had a dime for every time I had to say that line, I'd be...well, poor, actually. I'm more prone to slapping and stabbing than coming up with a line that witty, but I digress.

I heard the original track by the Trucks a few months ago and my reaction was somewhat indifferent, to be honest. I mean yeah, good party song, great potty lyrics and definitely something my bro would love, but didn't cause me to register them as a new favorite band or anything. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad at all. Hot chick rock rules, some of the other songs are awesome ("Shattered" has a great LCD Soundsystem-esque sound) and I love how they use digital media (and glockenspiel!), but I have to say if it weren't for Tim Young's version of "Titties" I may have forgotten about them.

There was a remix contest for that song a while back by Clickpop records and Tim FUCKING WON!!!!!! And yes, this is the Tim Young of Contrast Podcast.

What makes his remix so kick ass? The freaking rapid fire rapping he does. Seriously, check it out.

Listen to:
"Titties" largin' it mix (Tim Young)
"Titties" (original version by The Trucks)

Visit:
All Things Tim
The Trucks Official Website
Clickpop Records

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too fucking brilliant!!

Thursday, April 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim Young... is the man.


!

Thursday, April 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, does that man sleep? He does EVERYTHING! Tim rules...

Thursday, April 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is weird: amazon.com says NIN's Year Zero is released on the 17th. I just checked it out from the library today. Frankly, I haven't listened to NIN before, so it was only out of curiosity, perhaps curiosity raised by this blog. I don't think it is my type of music, but wanted to see what the fuss was about, perhaps analyse it critically.

Anyway, just checking in say "Nyah nyah, I've got the new album." :)

What kind of stereo exactly did you inherit, cchang? Back in the day I used to be an audiophile. My favorite gear was electrostatic headphones -- clearer sound than any speaker. My standards seem to have fallen somewhat since then...

Friday, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously??? How funny! I'm guessing the library has a promotional copy. The fuss surrounding Year Zero has more to do with the alternate reality game surrounding it than the tracks itself. "Fragile" and the EP "Still" are my favorite discs to listen to by NIN when I want something quieter.

Electrostatic headphones? I'm not an audiophile, so I don't really even know what that means! It's um, a Sony, somewhat large system with free standing speakers that are 3 feet tall...It's a bit old but still sounds amazing.

Friday, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, electrostatic headphones have a conductively coated mylar diaphram (carrying the audio signal) that moves by being placed near a grid that is charged with very high voltage. The electrostatic attraction/repulsion between the grid and the diaphram causes the motion of the diaphram, creating sound. Because the diaphram is very low mass, it theoretically responds faster, hence more accurate reproduction.

Almost all other headphones and speakers work magnetically -- signal goes through a coil creating a magnetic field that reacts to a permanent magnet and causing motion of the diaphram (or speaker cone).

But hey, I've left all of that tweaky stuff behind. Partly because the audio quality of pop music seems to have declined a lot. (Dynamic compression, general lack of clarity.) Enjoy your new Sony gear.

Friday, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when did libraries start carrying Nine Inch Nails albums from the future? I remember libraries had these things we used to call "books." I must be getting old.

Saturday, April 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live near Tim in England, Europe, England, and I can tell you that he doesn't sleep, and the noise of his wakening can be heard as far as Chichester, New Essex.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You link to Tim's mix is broken. I heard this at Club Aura in Plesanton, CA spun by Donald Glaude and have been searching for it!! please tell me where i can find it. titties@fig22.com

Wednesday, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home