Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Adzuki Bean Pod #3 is up!

Oh my! Yes, I figured there just are't enough podcast featuring predmoniantly classical music, let alone those featuring mainly males with high voices, so I decided to make my contribution. :)

Adzuki Bean Pod #3: "C is for Countertenor, Castrati and Choirboys (oh my!)"

If you don't know what I'm talking about, head on over to the sister site for tracklistings and artist information. You can also subscribe to an RSS feed from there:
Adzuki Bean Stash Pod Cast

If you're still doubtful, think of it this way...How can you say no to guys who look so happy?


So flamboyant?


So cute?


Other links worth checking out:
Interview with Gerard Corbiau (about the movie Farinelli and technical challenges on creating his voice)
Videos of Ewa Mallas Goldewska
The Counter Tenor Pages (awesome site)

I talk about the term coloratura briefly in the podcast because it is related to the theme. If you can only take your baroque singing in really small doses or if you don't believe despite my freakishly deep speaking voice that I'm actually a soprano, here's a clip of me performing Vivaldi with my ensemble, the Musical Chairs (yeah we all sound a little hungover...).

Listen to:

"Nulla in Mundo" (Rehearsal June 2000)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great podcast, Cindy!

I especially loved hearing Voi que sapete
I can't spell.

I tried to sing this horrendous aria for awhile
then decided it was crap.

I guess it's a great aria if you have underdeveloped balls.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. I've never been a big fan of that piece either. Doesn't Alessandro sound like Grover from Sesame Street?

Monday, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Elk grove online mortgages lasik eye surgeons in little rock arkansas Andractim impotence What are the disadvantages of mp3 players http://www.alaskafishinglodge2.info/tire-dealer-service.html cheap conference calls Cholesterol education program Georgia form 500 tax book

Thursday, March 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Accounting bookkeeping las vegas Shower head filter helps with eczema hoveround electric wheelchairs Easy diet to lose weight fast home insurance Percocet vs hydrocodone The complete answering machine webhosting blackberry 7230 wireless Low cost high gain stocks http://www.fragrance-oil.info Schools with truf management electric wheelchairs Phychic phone Bdsmiresults.php qq celebrex

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home