Friday, June 01, 2007

They're like potato chips

I seriously considered walking down to Diabolo Rojo about 10 mintues ago and getting the upper part of my ear tagged just for the sake of waking up, and then talked myself out of it. I am so tired right now it is ridiculous. I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night because I didn't want to sleep on my newly punctured lobes even though I'm sure it would have been fine.

I can see why these things are addictive though. It's painful yes, but a very brief, intense and controlled pain which I imagine can be erotic to some people. It's self inflicted in a way and the results are aesthetically pleasing.

I saw an ad that said "you can fix anything with pain" and it made me chuckle. I have to agree in a weird detached way.

I also found this cool diagram from infinitebody.com



What I really want now is one of those industrial bars as well as a spike stud through the top cartilage (like Voltaire's) but I don't think I could handle the pain. Maybe a stud first to get used to a cartilage piercing and then the industrial which is a little more complicated. The word "daith" just sounds cool to me for some reason.... I can't believe I'm already planning out more mutilations.

I've had ample people beg me to promise never to pierce my face and yes, I can assure you I'll never ever do that. I'm too cute, damnit...although admittedly I did have a labret for a whopping 12 hours in my lip back when I was 19. Mom doesn't know about this, but yeah, it hurt like hell, didn't sit right and I had to take it out due to the excessive swelling. I decided it just wasn't ever going to pass as "professional" even though I know so many people with one.

Anyhow, while sitting on the couch with my earlobe soaking in a shotglass of saline solution, I kept conjuring up images of people with more private piercings and chortling. I mean, really, it's got to feel really uncool to be dipping your reproductive organs into a vat of salt solution for 10 minutes, squatting, stooping, sitting, whatever. Not to mention, having inverted shot glasses suctioned to your nipples. I think I'll stick to the ear area, thank you very much.

In somewhat related news, I have this overwhelming desire to snap a pic of my friend Jay, print it out and scrawl in huge black letters across his pretty face "under appreciated, used and abused" and send it off to Post Secret. Which, although done with utmost affection and concern, would most likely come across as cruel and that's not my intention. I think I'm just utterly frustrated, after our epic conversation a couple days a go, that he honestly doesn't believe that he's beautiful inside and out. Either its genuine self degradation or worse, that he won't accept a compliment without first wondering if it was laced with some sort of cheap carnal exchange. The first notion drives me nuts because he's like a, hrmmm, I dunno, a 9.5/10 looks wise and perhaps one of the best conversationalists I've ever run into. The second notion is just a suspicion but still upsetting that my intuition tells me this.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sammi said...

trying to sit with an inverted shot glass around my navel was *quite* the experience. As was the first couple times I showered... O.M.G. Nipples? Never in a hundred thousand years.

Friday, June 01, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Already planning out more "mutilations?"

You're scaring me.

Sunday, June 03, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Don't worry, I won't pierce my face or genitals or anything like that, but yeah...with the way i've been feeling lately, the ear mutilations actually feel kinda good. Sorta wakes me out of this scary numbness I've had ever since my dad passed away.

Monday, June 04, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

hee hee - more piercings!!!!! I still have to go get mine but will have to wait for $$. I swear I will.

Funny when you were talking about the whole squatting thing - reminds me of period after childbirth. They cut you now, you know...and you have to sit on a "donut" in a tub a few times a day.

Yikes. Another reason to not procreate.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

ouch. :(

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home