Monday, June 04, 2007

rainy day boredome pics

As you know, I don't work on Mondays, so aside from coming up with recipes and taking photos of them I also end up doing other artsy fartsy stuff like making jewelry, crocheting, music stuff or in this case dancing around the house. As you can see Etouffee really doesn't much care for my stretching:



Thanking my wonderful imaginary audince:


This is me dancing to Slayer:


Scary as it may sound, I may actually have too much free time, so to augment my work, I'm thinking of making a bid on redesigning the UTLC website. I'm not the most sophisticated web person in the world since my strengths lie in batch processing and main frame programming, but I do know proper html, css and java scripting fairly well. I also know how the folks function there and am very familiar with the business practices. That alone would make expedite the time lines. Furthermore, the site needs to be maintainable by non-technical staff, so it can't use complicated technologies anyway. It would be nice to manage a large scale project. I've already got the full support of my supervisor. I just need to figure out what all I need to do to get paper work done.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger dasMobius said...

Seasons of the Abyss!

SLAYER!

Monday, June 04, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Ya know, the only Slayer I have is some "best of CD" and a comp CD a friend of mine made...I'm gonna have to bug Monnie to get me more because I really do like Slayer. Did I tell you about the time I accidentally ran into them when they were about to perform at Tower 7 years ago? I was raoming around behind the office areas behind the classical section upstairs looking for a friend and there they were...eating potato chips or someting.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

Awesome!!! I love the slayer picture - I'll have to check my collection, which may be lacking in Slayer. Not sure. You really saw them eating like CHIPS or something?! OMG!!!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

yeah it was nuts. I had no idea until my friend Chad was like "um, you just walked past Slayer and didn't fucking notice."

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  
Blogger Mentok said...

As a new reader, I'm finding it difficult to reconcile the pictures with words like "my strengths lie in batch processing and main frame programming".

Your many facets boggle the mind! ;-)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  
Blogger gaffagirl said...

I love the one where you see the harp on the edge there...

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

As I would expect, Suki! Although "Merve" could never compare to one of your harps.

Mentok, i'm flattered you find this blog a worthwhile read as it is blatantly obvious I'm not all that great of a writer (I think all the math and programming just overtook whatever part of the brain is necessary to be eloquent). I really enjoyed your post on the definition of "irony" by the way. :)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007  
Blogger Mentok said...

You couldn't be more wrong about your abilities as a writer. You've got plenty of left hemisphere.

Thursday, June 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home