Saturday, March 17, 2007

Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time


"Beside You In Time" was released about a month ago on three different formats: DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray. Anyway, I'm happy with the plain old DVD version. Normally, I don't like live shows on video, but Nine Inch Nails somehow does this the right way. The DVD is a treat to the ears and eyes. Picture and sound - both impeccable. The controlled chaos of the concert is downright impressive, as one should expect from Nine Inch Nails. My favourite part of the DVD would probably be the rehersal footage though. I wish there could have been more of that, but I'm grateful for what I get.

Another feature that I really like about this DVD is that three tracks: "Eraser," "Right Where It Belongs," and "Beside You In Time" include an alternate angle, where you can focus on the profound visuals that were projected all over the stage during those songs. One of my favourite scenes (best viewed in alternate angle mode) is at the end of "Right Where It Belongs" where that baboon jumps across a river and catches a flamingo. That baboon is bad ass! You can check him out by watching the trailer here. If that doesn't make you want to buy this, then I don't know what else to say. By the way, on a National Geographic show, they said that baboons don't usually eat flamingos, but "a new food's now on the menu."

Visit (Hmm... nice acronym: BYIT reads "BuY IT!"):
Nine Inch Nails Website
Obligatory Nine Inch Nails myspace
buy BYIT on DVD at amazon
buy BYIT on HD DVD at amazon
buy BYIT on Blu-ray at amazon

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just saying hi from barcelona, congratulation for post and off course for blog ,
my inglish is not quite well but am trying
take care and keep on writing

Wednesday, March 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment that isn't spam oktomanota.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home