Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Daddy

My father passed away this morning at home at 8:50 am with my mom and I at his bedside. Bim, forever the sensitive and capable aid, noticed that his pulse was weak and that his demeanor seemed different. She called us in immediately and we spent our last moments with dad holding his hand.

As mom said a prayer and assured him that we'd keep his legacy alive and that's we'd meet in heaven soon, his breathing slowed down and then stopped.

It was a beautiful and peaceful death. I'm so glad he will no longer suffer.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger stitchwitch said...

Cindy,

My thoughts are with you, your mom, and your brother. Please give your mom a hug from me.

Sandy

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger hardly_angelic said...

Cindy -

My thoughts are with you and your family. I am glad that your father is at rest and out of pain now.

Jeff

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Blane Conklin said...

Hi Cindy,

It's been a while since we've seen each other. I came across your blog just now, and am sorry to hear about what your dad, you, and your family have been through.

peace,

Blane

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger miriamheather said...

Cindy,

I've been thinking of you a lot since we last sent email. My thoughts are with you and your family today. Thank you for updating your blog as this has been happening. It has actually been a comfort to others who are dealing with cancer.

Take care,
Miriam

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger sarah said...

i'm glad he's no longer suffering. i hope you, your mom and your brother are alright.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Thanks guys. We all appreciate the condolences. We're just slogging through funeral and insurance stuff right now...not very fun, but necessary.
Miriam, give your momma a huge hug for me.

Thursday, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home