Friday, March 23, 2007

Moose the Cannibal

This aquarium tribute to my dad is turning into a mild horror fest or a hilarious observation in natural selection depending on how you look at this.

I'm blaming it all on Moose. If you recall this is the 7 inch long gold fish who I affectionately named after a huge cat and as of two days ago, presumably ate guppy #5. I searched high and low inside the fish tank and could not even find guppy #5's remains. I don't think guppy #5 evolved enough to simply walk away although I did check around the fish tank for good measure. No guppy.

Prior to murdering guppy #5, Moose decided it would be a fine idea to chew up one of the beautiful live aquarium plants to shreds. After he had done that (at least I think it's a he), the slightly smaller (but not-too-small) fellow goldfish cohorts decided to join in. Those plants are expensive damnit! It's not like they eat the plants either. No, Moose just decided to shred it to pieces just to piss me off. I'm sure of it.

But today...let me tell you, TODAY MOOSE WENT TOO FAR!!!!
Mr. Algae eater has been quite shy lately and finally he came out of his shell yesterday. To my horror I discovered this morning that not only was he was nolonger sticking to the side of the tank feeding, but that he was floating sideways, unmoving and rock hard. I thought he simply passed away but when I took him out of the tank, I noticed his fins had bite marks and there was a huge chunk of fishie taken out of his side! Arrrgh... Fishie guts all over the place! Moose looked very satisfied. "I hope you're happy," grumbled moi as I counted to make sure the other fish were alive and well. I don't think I even managed to get a portrait of Mr. Algae Eater yet.

I think tomorrow we're dumping Moose into the lake by our house. I don't care that he's nearly 15 years old. This behavior will not be tolerated!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger dasMobius said...

Some pets are downright evil. Take my mom's birds for example. They had two babies, but one day the mommy bird trampled all over one of the babies and killed it. My mom just thought it was an accident. Then later that day, the next one was killed the same way. The father bird could only sit in the back of the cage, stunned. The mother bird was killing her own babies. Now that's disturbing.

On a lighter note, my brother's two male cats are actually gay! I guess homosexuality does occur naturally sometimes.

Saturday, March 24, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Holy crap. The mother trampled over her babies? Is this some awful way to get back at her husband? Oy, I felt kind of sick to my stomach reading that. As for your bro's kitties. That's kinda amusing. Um are they just affectionate (not uncommon) or were they actually getting it on?

Sunday, March 25, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Hey Cindy. Yeah, that story about the birds is really disturbing. In fact, I hesitated to talk about it for a while. I'm not sure if I should have talked about it. Oh well...

Yes, the gay cats actually get it on. They're not just ``affectionate." They have butt sex with each other!

Sunday, March 25, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Well what do you know? Heh. Goes to show homosexuality is natural. I've heard of gay penguins as well. Take that silly Christian fundamentalists!

Monday, March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home