Wednesday, March 21, 2007

guppy...where art thou?

As I mentioned previously, I spent $200 this week completely redoing my parent's aquarium. It's sort of a tribute to my dad since he liked to fish so much and cleaning the tank was on my dad's to-do list before he left. Needless to say he had worse things to worry about but my God, that thing was a mess. There was a thick layer of algae growing over the surface of the filter, all the aquatic plants had been taken out, the 1970's era orange gravel was still there and the goldfish were ENORMOUS (Moose is like 7 inches long. He could feed a small family and that's just wrong) due to feeding them fish pond food.

Anyway, when I get back to Austin, I'll post lovely before and after pictures. Till then, I'm trying to figure out where the hell guppy #5 went. I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the goldfish ate him since the Petco dude said he couldn't definitively say whether or not Moose was a possible threat to the new comers. Mr. Algae eater also keeps hiding.

My brother and I made a hello video for my Aunt Sue-Chyn who currently resides in China to tell her that we're doing okay. While going through my parent's items we found her guitar in our coat closet and decided to get new strings. You can see the new aquarium in the background as well as some of the beautiful flowers people have sent to us in honor of my dad (just for reference pai-kee means "broken" in Taiwanese):

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sejal said...

That was awesome and sweet.
Great to see you.

--
Sejal

Thursday, March 22, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Oh wow. Thanks for posting a comment (and watching the video) Sejal. Have you thought about maybe blogging your baby experiences?
Will be back to work soon. Hugs,
Cindy

Thursday, March 22, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

I thought that the video was really sweet. For a moment there at the beginning you looked like my most recent ex-girlfriend. I never thought that the two of you looked at all similar before. Don't worry, it's meant to be a compliment I guess - she and I are still on good terms.

Saturday, March 24, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Was she Taiwanese or Japanese? There's a definite 'look' to us people. Yeah, I had one of those moments too when I was sifting through old photographs of X's...some of them look like my husband! I thing people tend to gravitate towards a particular "look" All the guys I tend to like have narrow faces slim builds and darkish hair. T is the "blondest" out of all of them.

Sunday, March 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home