Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Freaking Valentine's Day


(photo by Sebarave)

Ahhh Valentine's Day---the fluffy holiday geared towards oooey gooey conspicuous spending and human consumption. Too many memories of wilty carnations, Sadie Hawkins dances and chalky candied hearts.

I ain't bitter. I happened to be married and my husband is just as meh about Valentine's day. Ever try to get dinner reservations on Feb. 14th? It's a nightmare!

Anyhow, I digress. I've been so busy lately (and so has Shawn, who is supposed to be the newest member of the Adzuki Bean Stash Clan once he takes the time to accept the invitation) that I haven't been posting as frequently. To make up for it, here are my Valentine's gifts to you all, gentle listeners. First though, I need to give a big shout out to the Looking at Them blog for introducing me to the phenomenal Puppini Sisters, a new favorite band of mine.

Listen to:

The Puppini Sisters-"Heart of Glass"
KDream-"Heart"
Heartless Bastards- "Into the Open"

By the way, don't forget to traipse on over to Tim Young's Contrast Podcast and give him and the artists who contributed to the latest episode some loving. I'm tooting my own horn here, but I ain't abashed. There's some CindyAdzuki and JBro on that show!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love that Valentin's pic - best heart I've seen so far!

On another note, I now know what an Erdos number is (despite being allergic to mathematics) and I'm duly impressed. But what, pray tell, is your Erdos-Bacon number...?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....well, let's see. I guess my best bet is through George Bush sr. who I met while in highschool band (we were providing music for a republican rally). He knows Ronald Regan and according to Wikkepidia, Regan's Bacon number is 2. So, Bush's is 3? Bacon number would be 4. That would mean my Erdos-Bacon number is 6?
Not bad...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well shit...I just learned for a Bacon number, you had to have "acted" in a some movie or play with the associated person. I guess that makes perfect sense (and I totally forgot Regan used to be a movie star). Hence, my Bacon number is probably close to infinity as I've never acted before (and I think fuzzy bear #2 from elementary school does not count)

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Valentines day. Glad it's over!

The intro to that "Heart of Glass" cover sounds like Super Mario Bros.

By the way, when you met George Bush Sr., did you get the feeling that he was a reptile?

Saturday, February 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really. He was actually a very kind person and charismatic.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home