Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bend it Like Beckham


Okey Dokey. It looks like EZArchive is alive again. Phew.

I'm not a huge sports fan, but I do appreciate soccer. It's way more interesting than American football in my opinion. My husband's a soccer player. I tried playing soccer and boy was my husband enthused. He took me out and bought me a new pair of boots/cleats, shin guards, shorts and then had me pose to take a pic like you would with your trophy child (I'm not kidding), but Jesus, I sucked. Where was I going with this? Oh yes, unless you've been living in a cave the World Cup is going on right now.

Now, I don't exactly have a World Cup music theme going, but related to it is one of my favorite movies of all time (sans mushy ending) Bend it Like Beckham which came out in 2002. I swear the lead character's family are all dopplegangers of my own family. The soundtrack is fantastic and one of those CDs that constantly is playing at home. Great workout music. Below is a sampling from Scottish pop group Texas and Bangra singer Bina Mistry.

Listen to:
"Inner Smile" (by Texas)
"Hot Hot Hot" (by Bina Mistry)

Visit:
Texas official Website
Bina Mistry profile on Life Matters
Buy soundtrack at Amazon.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this movie before.

Ole!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd love it especially since you've been around Asian families before. Sure, the stereotypes are over the top, but it's the grain of truth that makes it hilarious. The gals are great to look at too: Parminder Nagra and Keira Knightly

Thursday, June 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Voip milano Best spyware blockers http://www.quick-divorce-4.info pop up blocker Mortgage loan san francisco printer cartridges lottery result Foam core board plotters Mega motor sports toccoa ga eyeglasses

Wednesday, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home