Wednesday, December 14, 2005

One thing is true...I love salmon

Anyone who knows me even just a little knows I love food and I love to eat it. Thank God for a good metabolism and a great sense of smell is all I can say.

Last night I was feeling mightly ill. Some germ-laden wheezy snotty individual decided to sit next to me on the bus and converse with me about how he was a hard worker and never liked to take sick leave. Never mind that I had my ear phones in and had Black Sabbath blaring. Never mind that I kept simply smiling and knodding, not really answering the guy. No. The man kept talking. Meanwhile, I kept trying to dodge the bits of spittle flying out of his mouth and attempting to breathe non-tainted air. As you can imagine, that's an impossibility.

Anyway, needless to say, by the time I came home, I was starting to feel icky. My husband's holiday party was that night (oh wait, maybe I've offended some people...his Jesus Jamboree was that night) and I knew that salmon was on the menu (as well as lemon tart for dessert). Feeling like shit, I hit the sack, huddled under layers of blankets with a stuffed cat under my chin groaning and whining about how I'd miss my salmon. Darling husband suggested I take a nap, so I did. When he woke me up, I felt even worse. I was queezy and lightheaded. Sniffle. There would be no salmon for me, I decided and plopped back into bed near tears.

Meanwhile, as T was getting dressed, in my half-sleep state, images of salmon were dancing in my head. Salmon with mango. Salmon with homemade tartar sauce. Salmon with holidase and currants. Salmon baked with potatoes. Marinaded Thai salmon with ginger and black bean sauce. It was torture. My brain kept reminding me of all the various way salmon could be made and i couldn't fall asleep. I WILLED myself to get up and get dressed.

Was it worth it?

Yes and no. The salmon was okay. The company was fantastic, but by far the best thing was downing a gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire. That cocktail burned out any soreness in my throat and cleared my sinues thus getting rid of my cold symptoms. Today I'm fine. See? Everything works out in the end. :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

glad to hear you're feeling better! who knew gin and tonic was so good?

i like your blog design. very cool.

(mmmm...salmon...hungry)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home